Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Most Thankful for...Which Classmate?

The classmate in which I am most thankful for is someone I only recently met this year. While I had 2 other people that were tied with this person, they won because of not only their treatment toward me in the classroom but outside the classroom (Not virtually). This person is someone who always/most of the time says hi whenever I pass them, and when we do talk, they're always smiling and making me feel welcome.
This person is Simon Black-Toby. While I had other people (two of which, coincidentally sit extremely close to him), Simon won in the end. I like the way Simon makes me feel welcome and is easily compatible to most people. He also has influenced me to try my best on my instrument (trombone) and do my best in spanish to become fluent (though he exceeds my years by a little over half a decade). He is quite a joyous person and someone I really am thankful for. He is one of the first people who made me feel more comfortable in American Lit the first few weeks of school and I will always appreciate his prescence in our class.
The 2nd person whom I feel quite thankful for is Loren Hou. While we don't talk in American Lit, we do have another class in which we talk. We talk most over facebook, and have become friends over this network. For what am I grateful for? Well, she certainly is funny, smart (go figure :P) and is just able to light up a gloomy day for me (Like Simon). She and I are almost always talking when we can and sometimes her prescence makes a person feel better. I guess her biggest trait that makes me most grateful is her dedication to school, education and the piano. Her choice to push through even the most frustrating projects/work makes me admire her and just want to try harder. She is constantly pushing me to do my best and not give up as my hard work, sweat, etc will be worth is and for this I am ever grateful.
While I'd like to elaborate on the other two people I am strongly feeling compelled to, I'm still in the process of getting to know them and would like to elaborate more on them than what I know now. I appreciate everyone in our class, but Simon and Loren are the top two. I'm glad (more than one will ever know) to be in the 2nd period American Lit class and I don't want any other. May you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I love simon. He's such an interesting character, you seem like a sweetheart yourself, Gabby(: and i'd really like to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete