Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Jay and Nick?

Nick

I
met him at a party not too long ago, and I feel as though he's only using me for an ultimate purpose (which I found to be true to a point not but a night ago). He took for a ride on his hydroplane the day following the party and he gave off a good vibe. Following this, I kind of got the drift that he was scheming something. On the way into the New York city, he asked me for a favor, though he failed to explain to me at that moment what the favor was. He had me speculating at just how much of a favor it was. For some reason, I became irritated and his secretiveness and quite wary of the fact that his story about being awarded a medal from Montenegro. While he showed me authentic-seeming memorabilia, I was still quite skeptic. Was it possible to fake a medal from Montenegro and a picture of friends from Oxford? It was quite strange that he "happened" to be friends with the man who is now known as the Earl of Doncaster. People add sound effects and such to moving pictures so...Gatsby could have done the same, except with a photo and adding people in and out, right? I mean, he does have money...

After having lunch and being surprised by the fact that Jordan and I used our outing not for a conversation about our relationship and to better know each other, but to be informed on how I was to invite Daisy to tea with me and then allow Gatsby to come and meet her. Why am I being used as a pawn? Is this man not big enough to go to Daisy himself, or better yet, invite her to his house opposed to mine? This friendship isn't turning out to be so much a friendship at all and I most strongly experienced this revelation when I discovered I wasn't recognized in the music room after Klipspringer began playing the piano and they retreated to the couch. Maybe if I begin distancing myself from Gatsby and his "web of lies", I'll be better off....

Jay


I can't imagine how Nick feels as I seem to come off as a user, mistrusting and not loyal. I guess one can assume such things when every outing but one revolves around a favor I need. I wonder why Jay continues to stay around as I'd have been gone ages ago. In the car the other day, he seemed to be quite irritated with me and if it weren't that I wanted to maintain a confident composure, I'd have broken down then and there to tell him the scheme of my plans instead of having Ms. Baker do it. The outing with the hydroplane was so fun and for once, since losing Daisy, I feel as though I may be able to confide in someone. Maybe talking more and demanding less would keep our relationship alive. But his favor, his choice to do the favor made my year and might have brought back the single most important person in my life-Daisy.
She's changed, though I still see some of the Midwestern Daisy left, but that husband Tom has changed her much. The light in which used to be a depiction, a sign of my dream in the distance has now sailed ashore to my house. She seems impressed with my things and her delight has changed my view on it. I don't feel as lonely anymore, but quite content happy. Jay left by the time I came out of my daze of Daisy so I was unable to talk to him more.
After such a large favor, I really ought to thank him 100 times over. I could tell my stories also seemed unbelievable, but for now, I'll leave that be. In due time, he'll know who I truly am and what I have hidden from the outside, judgmental world. As for now, I'll work on changing our relationship (If possible).

3 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting approach to this particular blog, i love it! Why did you choose to write from their point of view?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that it was obvious that Gatsby wanted something from the very beginning. Why else would he invite Nick over? I've been thinking that if this is something that the author came up with then I wonder how this entire event actually occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica- Everyone was writing their opinion and I decided to choose an approach that was more intimate.

    Jaleel- I've wondered that too when I watched the movie and such, but we'll never know. We're left to assume

    ReplyDelete