Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gabrielle's Trick of Writing

"Gabrielle, how do you write so well! I'm jealous!"

Okay, so maybe people don't say such things, but I do have a few tricks that I find best help me when I'm in a writing mood and want my emotions to be best expressed. Here are some quick pointers that seem to be the strongest part of my writing success (when I have them):


1. Listening to music/thinking of a similar situation
  • If one listens to music that has strong lyrical and rhythmic emotions that are able to STRONLGY evoke the emotion desired, writing will be better (at least for me). I find this to be so because good words to describe said situation is hard when you're not in the "mood", but you're best able to show these emotions when you're in the mood in which your character is (or the tone of your paper is to be in)2. Write, regardless of writer's block or other obstacles
  • While this is common advice, I don't always follow this. I especially despite writing when I feel my writing is on a level far (or even not that far) from the desired one I'm shooting for. If you don't write your ideas down, you'll actually find that the prominent idea that was once in your mind is not as large or able to be expressed as when it first was there. Regardless of whether you can continue with the idea or it sounds "childish" or "stupid", just write it down and continue when your block is gone. If it sounds childish or not "up to par", go back, read it and revise sentences, ideas, or words that aren't as good as they should be.

3. Have Writing Critiqued

  • I find this is one of my weakest points, but it's a good idea and I've found some of my best writing comes when someone critiques and contributes to the idea of the story/paper. Allow people you trust and know will support you, yet critique you with a kind heart to help you better improve.
4. Don't stress
  • Don't stress about writing good or much but just make the content what you want/need it to be. If you must write for a class, give yourself enough time to make sure it's the best it can be. Stressful writing isn't successful writing.
These are only a few tips I use when writing and as I use them more and take heed to them, my writing will improve and I hope it'll help you somehow. Thank you for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gabby,

    Thanks for the tips. I think I might actually apply them to my writing (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the tips, Gabby! I think i will use these(:

    ReplyDelete